We take great pride in the extensive facilities and equipment we offer our pupils. Everything provided is to ensure children are learning with the very best tools whilst also finding great enjoyment in their school life.
- Rowing machines – we have six Concept 2 rowing machines that are perfect for improving technique and ideal for the Prep girls when they can’t get out due to bad weather.
- The Wallace Hall – our school hall is a great space for indoor PE lessons. The hall includes numerous pieces of gym equipment such as mats and an assault frame.
- All weather court/pitch - this area is perfect for various sports, whatever the weather.
- All weather garden – the garden is the perfect size for 5-a-side football and it also provides the setting for our Nursery and Pre-Nursery Sports Day in the summer.
- Offsite playing fields – we use the vast playing fields at St John’s Beaumont for various sports throughout the year.
- Offsite swimming – we use the pools at St John’s Beaumont and Bishopsgate for weekly swimming lessons.
- Offsite rowing – we use the facilities at the Jubilee River Boathouse for F6 rowing.
- Thames Valley Athletics Centre – we use the professional athletics facilities near Eton for Sports Day.
- Equipment – our vast array of equipment provides the essentials for fencing, netball, cricket, hockey, lacrosse, athletics, football, tag-rugby, gymnastics, rounders and much more.
- iPads – our bank of iPads offers our children a range of exciting apps and tools to interact individually or as a whole class. Staff also benefit from using iPads as part of their teaching.
- Smartboards – every classroom is fitted with a Smartboard that provides a modern basis for interactive learning. The boards are capable of linking to our iPads, thus providing further engagement. Children are encouraged to take part using the extensive and powerful tools offered by these devices.
- Smart Table – our Nursery block has a Smart Table providing an interactive learning base for our youngest children. The table encourages interaction, problem solving and teamwork.
The Arts & Media
- Chroma (green) screen – this provides the backdrop to many media and drama lessons as pupils perform with the chroma screen, before editing their own backgrounds and special effects afterwards with iPads.
- Instruments – our music room provides a range of instruments from pianos to ukuleles and recorders to drums.
- Individual Pods – we have 2 ‘pods’ where children are taught music individually. These lessons include violin, piano, singing, guitar, cello and flute.
- Dance/Drama Studio – our studio is the perfect environment for ballet with two dance barres set within an abundance of space. Because the room has such wonderful light and acoustics, drama lessons also take place here.
- Libraries - We have two libraries at Upton with an extensive range of literature. Two Kindle devices are also available to Prep pupils.
- Greenhouse & willow tunnel – we encourages the children to learn about plants and nature. We have a live willow tunnel on site for the pupils to explore.
- Digital displays – our digital boards around the school offer pupils, staff and visitors up-to-date Upton information.
- Playgrounds – we have two main playgrounds where pupils can climb and explore.
- Drone – during the 2017/18 academic year, our pupils will be able to use a drone as part of their media lessons, with a focus on filming and photography techniques from the sky.
- Astroturf – Our grass lawn was replaced by modern astroturf last year thus ensuring all year access for playtime and sports.
- New entrance – we will be rebuilding our porch area to provide a welcoming and highly secure entrance. A ‘living wall’ will also form part of the rebuild providing the school with more opportunity to grow plants and herbs.